Compassion & Love
People are scared to go to school and work. People are scared to love who they love.
This is not how it should be. Time has passed but times have not changed. Violence is a pattern that keeps repeating itself.
The ego tells us that we are above someone else. That our life or morals are more valuable. Imagine for a second that we all lived our lives leading with compassion before judgement or hate. If each of us ate with compassion, listened with compassion, reflected with compassion rather than simply acting based on an egocentric way of being.
I'm asking each of you to take it into your hands to do all you can to create a future where fear is not the first thing on ones mind when they walk out the door.
Remember that each of you can have an impact. Some say that one persons actions are too small, but in reality the absence of one persons acts of kindness is far too big a risk.
The improvement of our future comes from within. It comes from love, from acceptance, from respect, and appreciation. It comes from everyone realizing that they are a domino. One action, of love or hate, can impact an entire chain of events.
- Reflect before you act
- Think about how your actions impact others
- Stand by those who need support
- Refrain from judging others, you don't know their story
- Violence is not the answer
- Love wins in the end, use love to get your point across
- Work hard to spread the message of kindness. Stand up against hate, don't give in.
- Compassion is all around, you even in what you eat. Consider researching veganism.
- Smile at people. We can fear eye contact and simple connection, but be brave and make that connection, it could make all the difference.
- Love yourself.